Marijuana cloning is tough to learn and requires dedication and an eye for details. Rather than planting readymade successful clones in to your garden, you should follow certain basic rules of cloning in order to get newer and better varieties of marijuana cannabis. Let us discuss steps involved in cloning of cannabis plant:Check This Out
- Plant cuttings: Cloning is a technique of producing exact replica of the mother plant, physiologically and genetically. Marijuana plants can be cloned using cuttings from the mother plant. Remember that since the offspring will resemble mother plant in every aspect, it will have similar problems as the parent plant. So while selecting cuttings make sure, you do not take one from sick marijuana plants, so that you reduce the chances of any health hazard in cloned marijuana yield.
- Use of Sterile Equipment: Many growers think that it is not a big deal to neglect cleanliness of equipment in marijuana cloning. They could not be farther away from truth. Clean trays, scalpels and scissors are must to get healthy and fuller marijuana yield. Sterilizing your tools by cleaning in boiling water and by applying spirit is advisable. Also, use only a fresh medium to clone rather than stacking old equipment which will get too rusty.
- Monitoring Physical factors: Marijuana cloning is a sensitive process and physical factors like temperature, light, humidity etc. are to be monitored thoroughly to avoid any adverse effects.
- Humidity: Marijuana cuttings grow well in high humid conditions for first few days. If you are cloning marijuana in dry atmosphere, then you can use humidity domes for these first few days. Humidity dome enables to achieve 80-100% moisture level. After first three days, remove the dome for two hours a day. Then slowly increase the time you expose cloned cuttings to the ambient air.
- Temperature: One of the most important factors in cloning and key to achieve right temperature is to keep it consistent. Remember, inconsistent temperatures will slow the rooting process down and lower success rates.
- If the atmospheric temperature is too low, then the marijuana cuttings will go in to a state of suspended animation; they will look healthy for weeks but never form roots and will eventually die. To avoid this, put your cuttings in heating mats which are kept in propagation trays. For cutting in an aeroponic cloner, you can buy submersible water heaters.
- Too hot temperature also has adverse effect on marijuana cloning. Very high temperature causes cuttings to dampen off or rot. To keep the temperature at normal level, install fans and coolers in the grow room while cloning. You can also move your cutting station to a more desirable location, like a basement. In an aeroponic cloner, if the temperature of water is too warm, try cycling the pump on and off with a cycle timer.
- Light: To clone marijuana, you do not need high voltage bulbs. Compact fluorescent lamps work great for cloning. Run a 24 hour light cycle until your cuttings have root, and then you can depend on natural light for marijuana to grow.
- Taking care of cloned plants: It is advisable to clone twice the number of plants you actually need for a fail-safe cloning cycle. Properly cut the plant and ensure balance of all the physical factors. That way you will get healthy and fuller weed.